The Simpleshow Foundation Award
Every season is award season, right? Awards are a great way to honor outstanding achievements and we are proud to present the simpleshow Foundation Award!
Throughout the year we receive amazing contributions from volunteer authors, and they are getting better and better each day! We are so impressed by and grateful for everything that you create! That’s why we wanted to give something back. The simpleshow Foundation Award (SFA) is an annual award presented by us, the simpleshow foundation, to honor the best foundation explainer videos and volunteer authors.
We created three categories:
- The CREATIVITY prize is awarded to the most creative and fun simpleshow. The main criteria are the creative ways of implementation. So make sure to include something new and unprecedented in your script, visuals, or production. Or, make sure to explain something in an innovative and creative way.
- The SOCIAL IMPACT prize is awarded to the one simpleshow that explains the most relevant and important topic. This can be sustainability, environment, health issues, or education. The main criteria here are the importance of the topic and quality of implementation.
- The SPECIAL prize is chosen by an official, independent jury. Here we included some more flexibility. Criteria might be e.g. the most YouTube views within the first week after publication, the most YouTube views in general, the best acceptance on Wikipedia, etc.
But who can participate? That’s easy: Every foundation simpleshow created by a volunteer author (that’s you) that was published during last year. And who is this jury? The jury consists of four people: one representative from the simpleshow management, one representative from the simpleshow employees, one from the simpleshow foundation, and one independent or partnership member.
So, how do we choose from the abundance of different videos? Well, we alone couldn’t possibly decide who of you made the most amazing explainer video… Nevertheless we want to award those who do. And that’s why you have to vote!
The first step is: vote for your favorite explainer videos! The three videos that receive the most votes within their category enter our shortlist, and the jury then chooses from that shortlist.
Want to know who won last year? Take a look:
- What Alcohol Does To Your Body won Special Prize
- What Is A Stroke & Why Acting FAST Is So Important! won Social Impact Prize
- Sex In Space won Creativity Prize
Last year our very own award season was somewhat low profile. But this year, with the launch of our improved mysimpleshow tool, many more collaborations, and the start of our campaign to explain the UN’s 2030 agenda, we are bigger and better than ever. This year all of you will be able to vote and contribute your videos. We can’t wait to elect this year’s winning explainer videos!